Three-day weekends offer an extra 24 hours to do whatever the hell you want. We suggest hosting a no-frills dinner party, featuring delicious burger staples, 2014’s best beers, and this recipe for a party-sized cookie pie courtesy of Food52.
Sit around the table (or cross-legged on the floor) and dig into this colossal cookie with friends. Be sure to top it with loads of ice cream and chocolate fudge once it’s out of the oven and sitting in front of your guests. This might be the one thing that will make you forget Tuesday is around the corner.
HOMEMADE COLOSSAL COOKIE
- 2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups regular semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup large bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375° F. Mix together the cookie dough. Don’t over-mix. Sometimes, it’s better to be safe and do the final bit of mixing by hand.
This article and recipe originally appeared on Food52.