Anyone who runs on Dunkin’ knows the snackable doughnut holes called Munchkins. Instead of running out to Dunkin’ Donuts one morning this week, why not put in a little work in the kitchen and make obscenely chocolatey, glazed, from-scratch Munchkins at home?
Homemade Chocolate Munchkins
Makes 2 to 3 dozen donuts
For the doughnuts:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Oil, for frying
For the glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Water, as needed
Get the instructions and see the full recipe here.
(All photos courtesy of Food52)
This article and recipe originally appeared on Food52.