It was a tragic day when Dunkaroos were discontinued in the U.S. But don’t turn into a #sadboy because your favorite ’90s snack is hard to come by. Instead, resurrect the cinnamon graham cracker cookies and magical sprinkle frosting in your own kitchen with the Dunkaroos copycat recipe below.
The best part of Dunkaroos was, without a doubt, the frosting littered with sprinkles—so make yourself a double batch and spread it on literally everything. If you eat it with a spoon when no one’s looking, well, that’s your prerogative.
For the cookies:
- 2 cups graham flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons clear imitation vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar, or to taste
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
(All photos courtesy of Food52)
This article and recipe originally appeared on Food52.