Grub Street reports that more than 55 restaurants, bars, and hybrid food spaces are scheduled to open at Newark Liberty International Airport’s Terminal C, including spots from 24 A-list chefs like Alain Ducasse, Dan Kluger (former chef at ABC Kitchen and ABC Cocina), Wilson Tang (Nom Wah Tea Parlor), Dale Talde (Pork Slope), and Einat Admony (Bar Bolonat).
The New York Times reports that the restaurants are scheduled to open starting next summer.
Newark is a little late to the game, seeing that JFK and Laguardia have already made these chef-driven upgrades. But this cast of characters is particularly notable, since it’s not just the Marcus Samuelsson and Shake Shacks of the world—there’
The best part of all this: United has just starting letting passengers using Terminal C pay for things other than flights with frequent-flier miles (think trout amandine). USA Today writes,
This is awesome news for anyone with a long layover and a few thousand miles to spend on trout.
Here’s a few of the restaurants we’re really excited about:
- Alain Ducasse is opening a French bistro called Saison
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor’s Wilson Tang will open street-food spot Wabi Sabi
- Einat Admony’s will serve falafel and shwarma at Flora Café
- Keste’s Roberto Caporuscio’s will open a Neapolitan pizza spot
- Dan Kluger will open a restaurant called Vanguard Kitchen
- Dale Talde will open Caps Beer Garden and Little Purse, a dim sum parlor
Mark our words: We’re never flying out of JFK or Laguardia again.
[via Grub Street]