Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Upgrading your champagne game this New Year’s.
2. Having a personal connection to a great meal.
3. Tokyo ramen quests with supermodels.
4. Waking up without a hangover on New Year’s Day (yeah, right).
5. Turning any leftovers into sandwiches.
6. Top-shelf food porn.
7. Christmas festivities, rapper-style.
8. Eating “expired” food because it smells fine.
9. When craft beer and music collide.
10. When Rick Bayless tweets that your restaurant is awesome.
1. Vegan resolutions.
2. Public chef meltdowns.
3. Being the drunkest city in America.
4. Wearing a hoody that says “Eat More Kale.”
5. The relentless rise of beer prices.
6. When your soufflé collapses.
7. Overzealous food writers.
8. When IHOP runs out of boysenberry syrup.
9. NYE hors d’oeuvre spreads that don’t include pigs in a blanket.
10. Food bloggers who devalue food.