Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Eating beef tenderloin or goose on Christmas.
2. Asking your grandma what she ate growing up.
3. Pairing wines with the Beastie Boys, Oasis, and Bob Dylan.
4. Drinking eight cups of PG Tips a day because “it’s the holidays.”
5. Daniel Krieger’s best food porn of 2012.
6. Taking your mom to a steakhouse and telling her to order whatever she wants.
7. Bringing the best dish to a holiday potluck.
8. Kentucky whiskey to the dome.
9. Portraits of celebrities made out of food.
10. Going H.A.M. in the mall.
1. Haggling over the bill at group dinners.
2. Luv Shaq vodka.
3. Sparkling waters with weak-ass bubbles.
4. Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson’s new show looking like a mashup of Top Chef and American Idol.
5. Being left with the worst chocolate in the sampler tray after everyone else goes to town on it.
6. The rise of the Frankenfish.
7. Getting a gift certificate to a restaurant you hate.
8. Instagram claiming it owned all our food porn, then backtracking.
9. Really big bags of chips that are mostly filled with air.
10. Leaving food on your plate at an all-you-can-eat buffet.