Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Allan Benton, the king of pork.
2. Restaurants that live up to the hype.
3. Fresh oysters and cold martinis in large quantities.
4. Rapping about food, and doing it well.
5. Christmas beers!
6. Talented chefs who only have one restaurant.
7. The California Homemade Food Act.
8. Turning latkes into sandwiches.
9. Connecticut-style hot dogs.
10. Recreating an entire city block out of gingerbread.
1. Holiday party fatigue.
2. Baristas who act like it is a chore to make your coffee.
3. Dropping 50 stacks on Christmas dinner.
4. Getting your lunch stolen from the office fridge.
5. Waiting until the last minute to do your holiday gift shopping.
6. People who over-order and never take home leftovers.
7. The failure of the FDA.
8. Peppermint bark overload.
9. Being too broke to afford good sushi.
10. Waiters who begin by telling you everything they don’t have.