Vik Says is where we our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. When the coolest bottle of wine also tastes the best.
2. Hot girls who wear sweaters and drink hot toddies.
3. Unnecessarily huge coffees.
4. Hip-hop’s ridiculous love affair with Benihana.
5. Food trucks helping NYC bounce back from Hurricane Sandy.
6. Autumn day-drinking.
7. Trick-or-treating at foreign embassies.
8. Knowing the basics in the kitchen.
9. Eating with Sean Price.
10. Craft beer at Chipotle.
1. When you get caught leering at a breastaurant.
2. Steaming bowls of ramen that come with cold toppings.
3. People who don’t know how to tip at bars.
4. When you order a fish sandwich and it comes topped with old, blackening avocado
5. Taxing the hell out of beer.
6. Instagrams of your “home-made salad.”
7. When the person next to you on the train is eating something better than what you brought.
8. Hurricane Sandy endangering NYC’s restaurants.
9. Buffets that limit you to one plate, forcing you to create a precarious tower of different foods.
10. Thinking lobster is the height of luxury.