Zagat declared its own #BurgerWeek in honor of the elections. Why? Well, the publication considers burgers to be the one universally loved food that draws the most interest; it is “America’s quintessential comfort meal.”
Shaky syllogisms aside, we can’t hate on highlights of good burgers, and the Chicago edition gives us 20 renditions to try, including these patties broken down by category:
- Food-conscious: Grange Hall; Farmhouse; Grass Fed; and DMK Burger Bar.
- Bacon as jam: Acadia; and Three Aces
- Unconventional combos: The Bad Apple; Butcher and the Burger; Lockdown; Kuma’s Corner; Rockit Burger Bar; and 25 Degrees.
- Steakhouse: David Burke’s Primehouse; and Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse.
- Classic with a few updates: Longman & Eagle; Owen & Engine; Sola; Hot Chocolate; Au Cheval; and The Anthem
It is enough for us to wonder why the Windy City hasn’t gotten more attention for its burgers. Perhaps it’s time for deep-dish pizza and hot dogs to fall back.