Vik Says is where we our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Eating red-sauce Italian and Tex-Mex with no shame.
2. Musicians who aren’t fake foodies.
3. Dunking French fries in ice cream like Christina Tosi.
4. Restaurants that have free sparkling water.
5. Cooking shows with rappers.
6. Nigella Lawson’s foodgasms.
7. Putting Texas Pete hot sauce on grits.
8. Curren$y’s hilarious food tweets.
9. Driving 60+ miles for chili dogs.
10. Burger porn.
1. Greek yogurt bars.
2. Poorly-cut sandwiches.
3. Asking a roadside burger joint if they use “slave tomatoes.”
4. People who consider themselves restaurant authorities but don’t know how to make marinara sauce.
5. Complaining about a Pumpkin Spice Latte shortage.
6. Homemade versions of things that shouldn’t be homemade (e.g., ketchup and pop tarts).
7. Brunch. Matter of fact, fuck outta here brunch.
8. Peanut butter and jelly in one jar.
9. People who don’t like nachos.
10. When you smell so deeply of Korean BBQ that you have to go home and shower.