Upon tasting Duck Dynasty-themed Duck Commander Pink Moscato, Terroir manager Paul Grieco comments, “Nose-wise, it’s taking me back to a very bad place. This will scare every fucking animal away from you.” Verdict: thumbs down.
Cosmo got a panel of wine bar owners, wine directors, and sommeliers together to taste test wines tied to TV shows and Movies.
About Downton Abbey wine, NoMad’s Thomas Pastuszak says, “I’d be really pissed off if I bought this, personally.” Other tasters say they smell must and wet parmesan cheese rind. The Star Trek wine is definitely not a fan favorite either. Grieco sums it up:
Surprisingly, there is a pop-culture wine that the experts are into. After tasting the 50 Shades of Grey wine, Grieco comments, “It does have a satiny feel.” Del Frisco wine director Jessica Certo adds, “It’s something simple, that you’d want to drink with pizza.”
Experts (in order of appearance) include:
- André Hueston Mack, sommelier and winemaker, Mouton Noir
- Jessica Brown, wine director at The Breslin and The John Dory Oyster Bar
- Paul Grieco, general and manager at Terroir
- Thomas Pastuszak, wine director at The NoMad Restaurant
- Jessica Certo, wine director at Del Frisco’s Steakhouse
- Lelañea Fulton, wine director at Dirty French
- Laura Maniec, master sommelier and owner of Corkbuzz
This reminds us of that time we had Detroit rapper Danny Brown team up with bar legend Jim Meehan to sample some celeb-endorsed drinks. That was awesome.
RELATED: Drink This Toro y Moi Wine