You could line up for a discounted TV at Walmart on Friday. But if you’re anything like us, you’ll be waking up early to cop Goose Island’s revered Bourbon County Brand barrel-aged stouts.
The Chicago brewery will release their line of Bourbon County Brand beers this Friday, November 29, through special beer-centric Black Friday events in nine cities including Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, FL, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and San Francisco.
There will also be some pre-Thanksgiving “first-taste” tappings of the 2014 Bourbon County Brand Stout variants, happening today in select cities.
Brett Porter, Brewmaster at Goose Island Beer Company, explains, “The magic of our Bourbon County Brand Stout is the time and unpredictable weather conditions our beer experiences in the belly of each hand-picked bourbon barrel.” Magic seems like an appropriate word here. The Bourbon County Stout is aged for one year in Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, and Heaven Hill barrels (just to name a few).
Check out this year’s line up of BCBS beers:
- Bourbon County Brand Stout: The Original BCBS. The nose is an intense mix of charred oak, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, and smoke. The dark liquid is intensely flavorful and rich. Available nationally in four and 24-packs in 12-ounce bottles.
- Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout: Brewed with Intelligentsia’s Rwandan coffee. “This world class roaster puts the same passion and skill into their coffee as Goose Island does with its beer,” says the brewery. Available in four and 24-packs 12-ounce bottles nationally.
- Bourbon County Brand Barleywine: This bold beer has flavors of oak and charcoal, hints of tobacco and vanilla, and that signature bourbon heat.Available in four and 24-packs of 12-ounce bottles.
- Vanilla Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout: This stout is aged in Rye Whiskey barrels instead of bourbon hand-picked from four different distilleries. Each rye barrel features a two pound mix of Mexican and Madagascar vanilla beans. The limited Vanilla Rye will be available nationwide in 22-ounce bottles.
- Proprietor’s Bourbon County Brand Stout: The second annual release of Proprietor’s is aged in Rye Whiskey barrels and features panela sugar, made into syrup with coconut water, Cassia bark, and cocoa nibs. Available only in Chicago, in 22-ounce bottles.