New Year’s Eve can bring out the lush in us all. To help you prepare for the likely post-NYE hangover, Eating Well has some tips on how to alleviate—if not cure—the nasty symptoms that tend to follow a few too many cheeky tequilas.
- Fruit: The fructose found in fruits and fruit juices reportedly aids in cleansing your system of alcohol. If that doesn’t work, at least you’ll be “restoring your electrolyte balance and replenishing your body’s fluids” with the potassium.
- Carbs: To combat nausea and symptoms caused by low blood sugar, fill up on carbs—the starchier the better. Think toast and crackers.
- Rehydrate: It’s important to rehydrate with water and/or electrolyte-heavy beverages since alcohol is a diuretic.
- Bouillon-based soup: By now, the idea of replenishing your body’s level of electrolytes has become an echo, but it bears repeating as dehydration can lead to headaches and dizziness. Cooking Light has 25 soup recipes, all modified with health in mind.
- Coffee/tea: Get rid of the grogginess with caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea.
[via Healthy Living MSN]