Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. March Madness nachos.
2. Old-school Italian delis.
3. Session beers.
4. Mail-order sausages.
5. Being a smarter chocoholic.
6. Crappy bar quesadillas.
7. Food comedy from the greats.
8. The fact that Rick Ross’ personal chef worked at Noma.
9. Cooking with goose fat.
10. Food festival roundups written by hungry DJs.
1. Waiters who wait until the second you’ve taken a big bite of food to ask how everything is.
2. The conversations you overheard waiting in line at Whole Foods.
3. Fruit flies in the muesli.
4. Not being able to eat all these donuts at once.
5. “Ambitious” restaurants that serve four terrible beers.
6. When dogs steal your food.
7. Hot chocolate made with water.
8. People who assume all Koreans are David Chang.
9. Fruits that cost more than a dollar each.
10. Not being invited to an Action Bronson versus Andrew. W.K. wing-eating contest.