A customer at Wendy’s Lovejoy, GA location called 911 and reported there was a half-smoked blunt inside her burger, TMZ reports. The employee responsible, Amy Seiber, was arrested and fired soon after.
When the police arrived at the scene, 32-year-old Seiber told them the blunt belonged to her. She said she had been smoking pot on the job and “misplaced” the blunt inside the cheeseburger (right on top of the pickle). She was arrested for possession of marijuana.
The lucky customer who ate the off-the-menu “roach burger” told TMZ she experienced food poisoning-type symptoms after the incident and had to be hospitalized. Wendy’s has offered to help pay for her medical bills and generously presented her with a $50 gift certificate. Presumably, this is to reward her for calling the police after finding the burger blunt rather than smoking the second half.
A rep for Wendy’s tells TMZ, “Obviously the employee broke the rules and did not follow proper food handling steps.” No shit.
This isn’t the first crazy fast food incident of a customer finding something awesome in their order: A Hermitage, TN couple left a McDonald’s drive-thru with a bag containing thousands of dollars instead of the breakfast they had ordered. Fast food joints are becoming more and more like stash spots for employees every day.
RELATED: A History of Cooking with Marijuana