Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Real, no-nonsense debate about food culture in 2013. (Vik is a provocative little fella.)
2. Giving up the drug game for the juice game.
3. Completing a “buy 9, get one free” sandwich card.
4. Cocktails with weird names.
5. When you host a dinner party and people bring craft beer instead of wine. New era.
6. When Portlandia clowns foodie culture.
7. Fictional chefs that rule.
8. When Bourdain watches Nickelodeon.
9. British chefs who aren’t Gordon Ramsay.
10. PIG PICKIN’!
1. Hulk Hogan’s breastaurant.
2. Restaurants where chefs aggressively push their freshman-in-college music preferences.
3. People who get so wasted on the plane that they have to be bound and gagged.
4. People who literally snap to get waiters’ attention.
5. Husbands who order for their wives.
6. The stranglehold of high-fructose corn syrup on America.
7. The fact that making “cheap eats” dishes like nachos and eggplant parm is actually mad expensive because you need so much cheese.
8. The fact that our office doesn’t have delicious snacks.
9. Getting to a bakery too late to get anything fresh and feeling like a failure in life.
10. The predicted price hike on buffalo wings.