Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Getting a confirmation email about a reservation at a hot restaurant that you don’t remember making.
2. Donuts and black coffee.
3. The rise of the late-night ramen pop-up.
4. Drinking like Don Draper.
5. Al fresco cocktails.
6. Queens, New York.
7. Drinking saisons in spring.
8. This essay.
9. Making chili with tattoo artists.
10. When foul balls land in beer cups.
2. The loudest guy at the restaurant.
3. Manufactured booze hype.
4. Ramp madness.
5. People who say they are “obsessed” with Greek yogurt.
6. Having to make tough choices about energy versus whiskey.
7. Restaurant bathrooms where the paper towels are on top of the toilet so you drip water on the seat while grabbing them.
8. Overcooked burgers.
9. When people take Instagram photos of food that isn’t theirs.
10. Passive-aggressive waiters.