From rats found in Subway sandwiches, to KFC chicken tenders that look like rodents, to norovirus outbreaks at Chipotle, 2015 was a banner year for wondering what kind of gross stuff might show up in your fast food.

In 2016, chain eating is looking just as suspect: As The Tribune reports, a woman in Paso Robles has filed a claim against Applebee’s after alleging that her Chinese chicken salad was served with a severed fingertip.

The woman, Cathleen Martin, says that she, her husband, and child all ate the salad before discovering the offending extra ingredient. In a statement released by her attorney, she summed up her feelings on the matter: “It was so gross. I’m on pins and needles worrying about what my family might have been exposed to.” She was particularly concerned about potential diseases because she’s pregnant with another child.

After the nightmare meal, the family says they shared their suspicions with restaurant management, who confirmed that “an accident did occur in our kitchen.” A statement from the chain attempted to put to rest fears of a repeat accident:

[pullquote][T]he team member involved volunteered to undergo screening in an effort to provide the peace of mind Mrs. Martin seeks. Further, we are retraining our team members on our safety protocols and will take any necessary actions to prevent anything like this from occurring again.[/pullquote]

Hopefully they’ll spend extra time on the “don’t cut off your finger while making a Chinese chicken salad” part of the safety curriculum.

[via Uproxx]