Do you live (and eat) by the motto, “Ain’t nobody got time for that”? Are you constantly on the hunt for devices that will aid you in doing as little legwork as possible? Do you always struggle to compile a finite list of things to buy for each week’s groceries? Or do you just not want to leave the house and haul ass to a grocery store?
The two companies designed the service to “link more than 150 million food websites and blogs to the FreshDirect purchasing portal,” and to “deliver a completely new experience for consumers, where they can move from a recipe that inspires them to the actual ingredients to make it in a 24-hour period,” says Foodily CEO Andrea Cutright.
Jodi Kahn, CCO at FreshDirect, adds,
With just a few clicks, you can source a recipe online, then the tool will parse through the recipe and automatically send ingredients to your shopping cart. The ingredients will then be delivered to your door.
Popcart will show you the prices, too, and let you know what “ingredients you probably already have on hand,” like salt and olive oil.
Here’s how it works:
1. After going here, drag the “Popcart it” button to your Bookmarks bar.
2. Find a recipe. Try this one—pesto-rubbed chicken with panzanella.
3. Highlight the ingredient list with your mouse and click the “Popcart it” tab.
4. Popcart will fashion a grocery list for you. You can update quantities, change brands, and delete items at this time.
5. Add everything to your cart, checkout, and wait for your delivery.
And there you have it—the way to get access to everything you need to cook a meal without leaving the house.
“This is the only [app] in the US that lets you instantaneously make an order [of your grocery list],” says Cutright. This is kind of revolutionary, no?