NYC is blessed with a plethora of amazing street food vendors, from superb halal carts to upscale trucks like the Milk Truck and the Red Hook Lobster Truck. This Saturday, September 7, the 9th annual NYC Vendy Awards will take place at Industry City in Brooklyn, where vendee attendees and judges will critique the trucks’ offerings.
Today, the Vendy Awards committee announced the five favorite trucks that will be competing for best street food dish at the event. The finalists will bring their best dishes to the event this weekend, and they’ll go head-to-head to win the title of NYC’s top street food vendor.
Below is a list of the finalists and the dishes they will be serving. Click through the gallery above to see the five vendors in all their glory.
- Mamak (Rookie of the Year Finalist): The Malaysian street cart will serve its Messy Ramly Burger, a all beef patty on a sesame bun, topped with shredded cabbage, carrot, cucumber, mayo, white cheddar, fried egg, and sweet-chiliketchup sauce.
- Oddfellows Ice Cream Co. (Best Dessert Finalist): Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream, featuring peanut butter ice cream base with pieces of grape jelly folded in.
- Tony Baloney’s Mustache Mobile (Best of NJ Finalist): Homemade tikka masala pizza with homemade paneer cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Bon Chovie (Best Market Vendor): Fried anchovy shots with smoked paprika mayo served either heads on or head off.
- Chipper Truck (Vendy Cup Finalist): Taco Chips: Ground meat and cheese over fries with a homemade pink sauce.