According to Time, ’tis the season to enjoy food and drink without opening your wallet. It’s all thanks to a mix of discounts and giveaway days—perhaps a strategic way for fast-food chains to implant their brands into our regular habit for the rest of the year. But who cares about the psychology; free is free.
- IHOP: Next Tuesday is National Pancake Day and IHOP will give away a free short stack; donations to a charity like Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals are encouraged.
- Noah’s New York Bagels: On National Bagel Day next Saturday, every coffee/espresso purchase at Einstein Bros. Bagels and Noah’s New York Bagels scores you a free bagel with a spread of butter or cream cheese.
- Ben & Jerry’s: A company-wide Global Free Cone Day will take place in either March or April.
- Papa John’s: Win a coin toss during a promotion (through Saturday) and you’ll get a free large one-topping pizza.
- Auntie Anne’s: Stay tuned for Free Pretzel Day, which will apparently be announced soon.