Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Pledging allegiance to the United States of Beer.
2. Whooping your boss by inventing stuffed crust pizza.
3. Bodega egg-and-cheese sandwiches.
4. Sippy cups of whiskey at Broadway shows.
5. Sneaker stores that sell amazing burgers.
6. Chefs who cook in Kangol hats.
7. San Francisco eating tours.
8. Goya chicken-flavored rice.
9. Victoria’s Secret models.
10. Rappers who lecture at colleges and rep their city’s food trucks.
1. Drake’s bromance with Guy Fieri.
2. $1 slices that are barely worth a dime.
3. The Taco Bell employee who urinated on some nachos.
4. Instagramming food, and then not eating it.
5. McRib madness.
6. Cash only spots where every item is incredibly overpriced.
7. Mulled wine hangovers.
8. Pouring cartons of milk on your head for no reason.
9. Having to use your finger to sign a grimy, Square-enabled iPad at a cafe.
10. Making ridiculous trend predictions like “beets are the new black.”