Vik Says is where we let our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Regional American sodas.
2. Scoring a table like a pro.
3. The Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
4. Craft-beer rabble rousers.
5. Bar owners who call themselves publicans.
6. Rappers who rep their hometown burger spots.
7. Eating nachos at airports.
8. Drinking obscure beers from the Middle Ages.
9. Double dates when the other couple cancels.
10. When food porn imitates real porn.
1. People tweeting about their stuffing recipes.
2. When menus accidentally make you think about penises.
3. Twinkie nostalgia.
4. When you forget you were making a frozen pizza and it comes out looking like a fossil sample.
5. The fact that 76% of people admit to double dipping.
6. The trend of using tiny beers glasses instead of proper pints.
7. The potential champagne shortage.
8. Waiters with coffee breath.
9. Japan having cooler Pepsi than us.
10. When you get to a restaurant and its closed for a private event.