Vik Says is where we our mascot, Vik, vents his feelings each week: 10 things he’s loving, and 10 things he wishes would just go away. Check out the best and worst of the week below.
1. Cold temperatures as an excuse for needlessly heavy meals.
2. Giving credit to the trailblazers.
3. Game-meat bolognese sauces.
4. The return of the butcher.
5. Bottles of Faygo and mediocre pizza as a guilty pleasure snack.
6. When the bread basket is just an entire loaf of bread.
7. Memphis rappers repping Memphis BBQ.
8. First We Feast ice-cream sandwiches.
9. Eating potato chips in bed.
10. Bull-testicle beer.
1. Restaurants that try to dress up their struggle fries with rosemary.
2. Instagram menus.
3. Spilling your entire morning coffee on the subway.
4. Waking up in the dead of night because potato chip crumbs have pierced your skin.
5. When Train ruins a perfectly good food event.
6. Fruit-based salad dressings.
7. Whenever Guy Fieri talks about how much he likes kale.
8. Trying to ban Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
9. Losing a reservation you made months ago because your friends are late.
10. Beer snobs who don’t respect the classics.