The Tulsa-based rap duo Verse & Pade just dropped “Pizza & Cookies,” ostensibly an ode to the DiGiorno’s pizza-and-cookie combo, though if you watch the video, it seems to be more about just generally running amok at the local Wal-Mart.
While the joint is not exactly a banger, it does earn Verse & Pade a place in the pantheon of artists who have extolled their food and/or drink combo preferences in song. Here are a some more to remember:
- Das Racist’s “Combination Pizza Hut & Taco Bell.” The combination Pizza Hut-Taco Bell is basically a stoner mecca. Here, the Brooklyn rap group Das Racist gives it the theme song it deserves, taking an absurdist twist to the classic Abbot & Costello sketch.
- Snoop Dogg’s “Gin & Juice.” Back before he switched from Dogg to Lion, Snoop offered the world the ultimate party anthem, as well as a primer on how to live the lowriding, gin-and-juice–fueled L.A. lifestyle.
- 112’s “Peaches & Cream.” This sexed-up R&B joint always got the party started (in 2002, at least).
- A Tribe Called Quest’s “Ham ‘N’ Eggs.” With lines like “asparagus tips look yummy, yummy, yummy,” and “chicken, chicken, chicken, I’m a finger-lickin’ winner,” this is pretty much one of the greatest food-rap tracks of all time.
- G. Love and Special Sauce’s “Milk & Cereal.” This ode to breakfast staples can make even the most curmudgeonly among us smile.
- Kreayshawn’s “Rum & Coke.” The 23-year-old lists doesn’t always stick to rum and coke when she parties, but it’s clearly a favorite.
[via Baller Status]