Hot Dog Week is nearing its end and Memorial Day Weekend is upon us. Whether you’re vacationing or staying local, you’re going to want to imbibe because, well, it’s a three-day weekend and you can chug brewskies well into Monday. Before you peace out of the office, be sure to catch up on this week’s best booze stories.
1) Dave Arnold makes a mean margarita. Are you planning to serve margaritas at your BBQ this weekend? Why not make them Dave Arnold-style? Watch as the Booker & Dax cocktail guru makes an exceptional looking margarita using a Japanese shaved ice machine. [Eater NY]
2) 30 awesome booze-infused milkshakes. These are milkshakes made for adults that would fit in more at your local bar than they would at your local diner. Grab your blender and a bottle of booze, and do work. [Complex City Guide]
3) The Serious Eats team comments on noticeable trends at last weekend’s Manhattan Cocktail Classic. Among the observable trends: punches, low-alcohol boozing, and bottled and canned cocktails. [Serious Eats: Drinks]
4) TGI Friday’s was called out for selling cheap booze as top shelf liquor. TGI Friday’s restaurants across New Jersey were refilling bottles of premium booze with shitty alcohol. Thirteen of the chain’s restaurants were raided by officials as part of what the state’s Division of Alcoholic Beverage control is calling “Operation Swill.” [Eater National]
5) David Wondrich shares eight refreshing punch recipes. The cocktail historian provides recipes for a fruity rum punch and a citrusy, refreshing gin punch with maraschino liqueur. [Liquor.com]